Saturday, March 19, 2011

Sun Rises In West


Dan Quayle, the last voice of rationality in the Republican Party????


In a Fox Business Network interview, Former Vice President Dan Quayle defended President Obama from Republican criticism that he plays too much golf when there are so many troubles around the world. Said Quayle: "I'm glad he's out playing golf. I happen to be a golfer. I think presidents deserve down time. And believe me, he is in constant communication with what's going on... I mean, what do you want him to do, stay in his house and be on the phone with the ambassador to Japan all the time?"


Dan Quayle. Knock me down and call me a potatoe.

If I were a facty sort of guy, I might also point out the silliness (is that what it is?) of complaining about the occasional game of golf (or the latest: spending a few minutes on NCAA brackets -- at what point does it become ridiculous farce?) after the previous president set all-time records for vacating the White House. But, since that's, you know, factual, why bother?

The serial adulterer and living breathing definition of assholery, meanwhile, finds no amount of political debauchery too distasteful. Fully prepared, evidently, to base his presidential hopes on the evils of bracketology, Newt's going all in on this latest meme of meanness. I don't doubt there are plenty of wingers all too willing to buy in; but for a guy who, by dint of being Speaker (before ending his career in disgrace) might actually have observed people governing, it couldn't be more cynical and low-minded.

Tell 'im, Dano.


1 comment:

  1. Dan's aged well, hasn't he? Looks almost distinguished.

    Pity he did the interview on Fox Business. It would have been nice if people had seen it. Don Imus, their best draw, pulls maybe 50,000 viewers these days.

    ReplyDelete

Comments back, moderated. Preference given for those who stay on topic.

Popular posts