Sunday, September 4, 2011

Missed Opportunity


Today, on Face The Nation, explanation 3.0 from Michele Bachmann for her claim that recent hurricanes and earthquakes are a message from god (a message, one notes, that pretty much wholly missed the city at which she claims he was aiming, while murdering a couple dozen innocents and causing billions in damage):

Schieffer asked Bachmann whether she believes "God uses weather to send people messages."

"I believe in God. I'm not ashamed to say that I believe in God. I'm a woman of faith and a woman of prayer, but the comment that I made right then was a metaphor. That was very simply what I was doing," Bachmann replied.

The followup question is obvious. Sadly, and predictably, it never came:

A metaphor for what, Ms Bachmann. A metaphor for what??

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you back on your horse, Sid.

    I emptied a box of raisins onto the floor and, after a careful study of how they lay, have seen that in fact there is no real controversy over her statement and her contradictory interpretations thereof. That's the sort of thing she says all the time. One might just as well feel outrage when Grover Norquist froths about entitlement spending.

    What's happening in truth is that the media have turned on her. Perry weakened her, and now they smell blood and are taking her down.

    To be clear, I have zero sympathy for Bachmann. I do resent the media for constructing these narratives for our little minds.

    Incidentally the other day I was struck by the daintiness of Vlad Horowitz in comparison to Aunt Mildred, who was... not dainty. I exchanged their hair with Photoshop but then felt an alien sensation. It might have been shame, I wouldn't really know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you don't email me that picture, Sam, I'll never forgive you. (sid dot schwab at gmail dot com).

    ReplyDelete

Comments back, moderated. Preference given for those who stay on topic.

Popular posts