Monday, October 31, 2011

Think I'm Making Stuff Up?


When I claim, as I frequently do, that teabaggRs actively dislike facts, and prefer simplistic policy that fits on a bumper sticker, I know there are those that think I'm just some sort of blind partisan. So how about this, from a well-known Republican pollster and pundit:

Even though Cain won’t be the nominee, his candidacy tells us a lot about the psychology of GOP activists. Our team wants someone authentic, creative, fresh, bold and likeable. And we don’t have much tolerance for too many facts or too much information. In politics, a bumper sticker always beats an essay. Cain’s 9-9-9 is a bumper sticker; Romney’s economic plan is an essay. Perry’s rationale for giving the children of undocumented workers in-state college tuition rates is an essay. No hand-outs for illegal aliens is an effective bumper sticker.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments back, moderated. Preference given for those who stay on topic.

Popular posts