Sunday, November 27, 2011

Healing Hands


The former (as in, put a fork in him) Herman Cain, on medicine and religion:

He did have a slight worry at one point during the chemotherapy process when he discovered that one of the surgeon's name was "Dr. Abdallah."

"I said to his physician assistant, I said, 'That sounds foreign--not that I had anything against foreign doctors--but it sounded too foreign," Cain tells the audience. "She said, 'He's from Lebanon.' Oh, Lebanon! My mind immediately started thinking, wait a minute, maybe his religious persuasion is different than mine! She could see the look on my face and she said, 'Don't worry, Mr. Cain, he's a Christian from Lebanon.'"

"Hallelujah!" Cain says. "Thank God!"


Question, Mr Cain, from the back row: Which would you choose, sir, if these were your only two choices -- a competent Muslim doctor or an incompetent Christian one?

Probably, in his "mind" there's no such thing as an incompetent Christian. God guides him, after all. Similarly, I doubt he'd consider the possibility of a competent Muslim.


5 comments:

  1. Well I let a Black dude do my Vasectomy in 1996....
    And I'd done his a few months before, it was a one hand cuts the other's Vas Deferens kind of deal...
    And you don't know, cause you probably haven't talked to a Black dude in Eons, much less let one handle the Family Jewels...
    But because of thousands of years of Slavery, Tuskeegee, awful "Goodtimes!" reruns, Blacks are rightly a little suspicious of "The Man", I mean we brought Them here from Africa, gave Them placebos for Tertiary Syphillis, and call the political movement that's resulted in some 50,000,000 fewer of them "Pro Choice"..
    thats like 8 times more than Hitler killed of our peoples BTW, and there hasn't even been a "Movie of the Week" much less a Museum.
    That bein said, I've moved my chips to Mit Romney, he's the Whitest.
    I mean least likely to screw Israel over...
    Frank

    ReplyDelete
  2. For that doc, the opportunity to sterilize you must have made up for a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats funny Sid...
    not as funny as the Loupes he wore to find my Thang, but still funny.
    But the jokes on him, cause he's a Urologist now, so I let a future Urologist handle my junk, while he let a future gas passer get close to him with a knife...

    Frank

    ReplyDelete
  4. hold on, a Christian named Abdallah? I don't suppose you overage premeds would realize, but that doesn't ring true. Who is that Herman-guy anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Abdallah" is a distinctly Muslim name. It means slave of God. It is very unlikely that a Lebanese Christian would be named Abdallah.

    Who is this Herman who told that crazy story?

    ReplyDelete

Comments back, moderated. Preference given for those who stay on topic.

Popular posts