Thursday, June 18, 2015

Jeb Bush Is An Idiot, And Other Obvious Things



Quoth the smart one:
“I hope I’m not going to get castigated for saying this by my priest back home, but I don’t get economic policy from my bishops or my cardinals or my pope,” said Bush, a devout Catholic. He added that he wanted to see exactly what the pope recommended “before I pass judgment, but I think religion ought to be about making us better as people, less about things [that] end up getting into the political realm.”
Right. So let's keep religious stuff out of the political realm and vicey versy, is what you're (cough Schiavo cough) saying? And shut up, your holiness, on birth control and abortion. Right, Jeb?

Wild guess here: Jeb doesn't really have a problem with the latter two, pontifically. He's down with "moral issues," even if they're based on a particular religious creed, and even when it's advocated as public policy. So, I'd like to hear him explain, why isn't being good stewards of God'd gift of our planet a moral issue, or a religious one? In what way doesn't it make us better people to protect our planet, and save it for future generations? And why shouldn't religious leaders speak out about such an affront to God?

Well, of course, lifting the corner of the rug, Jeb squares the circle (metaphors, mixed) by saying "we really don't know" what's causing climate change. So everybody just shut up about it. Especially you, Frankie the Pope. Just shut up.

[Image source]

1 comment:

  1. John Edward Bush (J. E. B.) is an idiot primarily for calling himself Jeb, or even allowing himself to be called Jeb. Jeb is a down-home, ol' South'n boy, shut my mouth is that grits a-cookin' mamma kind of name. John Edward Bush is a pole up the rear sort of name, though, truth to tell, it could belong to a perfectly normal Brooklyn kid in the schoolyard of P.S. 154 back in the '60s. Lesson in Being Rich #1: Don't give yourself a stupid name. Fahrquahr is fine, but Jeb is out.

    ReplyDelete

Comments back, moderated. Preference given for those who stay on topic.

Popular posts