Wednesday, March 2, 2016

There Goes Ben


Evidently, the grift was wearing thin. You can only sell so many books, I suppose, and only so many there are who believe the pyramids were grain silos. At some point people start demanding substance. So, it's over for kindly Dr Ben Carson. He won't be at the next debate. (How one will be able to tell the difference, I don't know.)
"I do not see a political path forward in light of last evening's Super Tuesday primary results. However, this grassroots movement on behalf of 'We the People' will continue," Carson said in the statement. 
Right. "This grassroots movement." Meaning, I assume, that you'll still be able to buy his books.

It's amusing. When campaigns flame out, when what's been obvious for months finally happens, it's always a variation of "our grand movement, blah blah, will continue." Why not the truth:

Well, it was a poorly-run campaign, and no one seemed to like what few ideas we presented. I was in over my head. I said goofy stuff, but I made some money, so it wasn't all bad. Probably will get lots of speaking offers and, who knows, maybe a gig on Fox "news." (They don't do air quotes for "news" of course.) But, yeah. It was a long time coming, I embarrassed myself, I blew it, and the whole damn thing was a mistake. 

Grassroots movement. Right. Will continue. Riiiiiiiight.

[Image source]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments back, moderated. Preference given for those who stay on topic.

Popular posts