"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it." Orwell
"“The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men.”
Plato
"The secret of freedom lies in educating people, whereas the secret of tyranny is in keeping them ignorant" Robespierre
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular posts
-
I have nothing to say about the murder of Dr Tiller that hasn't been said and responded to at all levels of rhetoric, on both sides. To ...
-
My next newspaper column: Last week I wrote that Rudy Giuliani invested $2 million in the maker of Trump’s touted malaria drug. Thoug...
-
“I alone can fix it,” he announced, to delirious cheers, after which he proceeded to prove he couldn’t: budget deficits, healthcare, Mex...
-
It's not as if there isn't substrate. Daily, many times over, in every medium, there are noteworthy items which range from amusing t...
-
Since Michelle's Queen thing got shot down , some right wing crazies, led by Michelle Malkin (who, sadly got her start around here. Geez...
I love this guy. I mean, just look at the beard...
ReplyDeleteSeriously though, I posted a link here ages ago in which he analyzes religion in terms of OCD and schizophrenia. It's one of the most fascinating things I've ever read.
The link between religious thinking and paranoid schizophrenia is something to which I've referred several times, too.
ReplyDeleteHe's got something similar online.
ReplyDeleteHonestly I like his prose better than the lecture. I read this every year or two and always enjoy it.