Friday, November 1, 2013

Advice For The Ages



Somehow I missed this one. Rand Paul, hero to many, honest to none, had this to say to a group of med students. It should replace Fox "news" phony "fair and balanced" motto. Because it's the operative phrase for all of the right-wing purveyors:

Rand Paul was talking with University of Louisville medical students when one of them tossed him a softball. "The majority of med students here today have a comprehensive exam tomorrow. I'm just wondering if you have any last-minute advice." 
"Actually, I do," said the ophthalmologist-turned-senator, who stays sharp (and keeps his license) by doing pro bono eye surgeries during congressional breaks. "I never, ever cheated. I don't condone cheating. But I would sometimes spread misinformation. This is a great tactic. Misinformation can be very important." 
He went on to describe studying for a pathology test with friends in the library. "We spread the rumor that we knew what was on the test and it was definitely going to be all about the liver," he said. "We tried to trick all of our competing students into over-studying for the liver" and not studying much else.
"So, that's my advice," he concluded. "Misinformation works.
"
Who was it that said a "gaffe" is when a politician inadvertently speaks the truth? If ever there were a more truthful statement about today's teabaggR strategy, and that of its propagandists of the airwaves, I don't know it.

Plus, it confirms that Rand "take your board certification and shove it" Paul is kind of a dick.

[Image source]

Popular posts