Saturday, July 23, 2011

God Reads My Blog

Until my recent post, maybe he wasn't paying attention. He's on board now, though, according to the world's finest news source:

God Urges Rick Perry Not To Run For President
JULY 21, 2011 | ISSUE 47•29



AUSTIN, TX—Describing Texas Gov. Rick Perry as grossly unqualified for the position, God, the Creator and Ruler of the Universe, urged Perry not to run for president of the United States Wednesday. “I prayed last night and asked the Lord to support my candidacy, and He said no,” Perry told reporters outside the Texas Capitol, explaining that God had cited the governor’s rejection of federal stimulus funds to expand state jobless benefits, his irresponsible speculation about Texas seceding from the union, and his overall lack of concrete solutions to the nation’s problems as reasons why He could not endorse a Perry presidential bid. ... When reached for comment, God said He would not be present at Perry’s much-talked-about Christian day of prayer on Aug. 6, calling the governor’s use of his public office to endorse a religion both “irresponsible” and a violation of the Constitution.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Sid,
    God, Schmawd, Rick Perry's unqualified for one very good reason..
    He's got my haircut from 1984.
    Seriously, even if I wasn't balder than Julius Streicher, I'd update my look a little bit.
    And I guess this was an easier topic than how your, I mean OUR president has less backbone than Steven Hawkins..
    thats what happens when you let peoples know your bluffing, like when I threatened to get rid of cable if my youngest daughter kept "studying" with that Asian kid...
    Jeez, she could be dating Anthony Weiner, "Breaking Bad" just started seasonn 4...
    can't miss that, then there's "Mad Men" next year, and "Entourage" and I'm always a sucker for a "Real Housewives of Atlanta" rerun...


    Frank

    ReplyDelete

Comments back, moderated. Preference given for those who stay on topic.

Popular posts