Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Fiction Imitates Fiction


In a nice temporal juxtaposition, two days after the SNL sketch we learn that the man who's taken every position on every issue, who passed on the latest teabaggR morality play lest he be asked about it, has just released a shocking admission of past failings:

"I tasted a beer and tried a cigarette once, as a wayward teenager..."

Yep. Take away the moral cowardice, the blatant pandering, and the awkward demeanor in public places, he's just like you and me. (Oh, I'm way worse: I stole my first cigarette from my dad's supply; and he actually bought me my first beer, after high school graduation.)


3 comments:

  1. Might wanta get outta that glass house if your gonna throw rocks...
    Cause you left out how Romney said he's gonna close Gitmo, let the Bush-Obama-error tax cuts expire, and let homosexuals get killed in Afghanistan..
    OK, that last one might happen...

    Thats what I love about SNL,,
    How you can't tell who there supposed to be immitating, except for Jeese Jackson, cause he's the only black one. Jeez-us Sid, SNL hasn't been reverent since 1984, maybe late 80's at best with those hilarious "Fernando" bits.
    And admit it, you thought you did the best "Fernando", every Surgeon did in 1991...
    And your sorta the Bizarro Drackman, how I'd have turned out if my mom hadn't smoked and drank...
    Cause I stole my first beer, an Olympia BTW, that you couldn't get east of the Mississippi in 1976 unless you were an Air Force Pilot and could fly out to the left coast whenever you wanted...
    And my Mom bought me a Cig...
    well she gave me one of hers, but technically, she did buy it...

    Frank

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally wish someone would dig up the old local SLC news footage of Mitt Romney saying "I haven't even said H-E-Double-Hockey-Sticks since junior high" when he was accused of dropping the F-bomb on a 2002 Olympic volunteer. For real.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My grandfather had lots of books of cartoons and jokes, and I'd frequently read them when I visited. Every once in a while I'd read one aloud to him or other adults. Some contained the words "hell" or "damn," and I was told I shouldn't say those words. "I was just reading what's on the page."

    "Yes, but it's not nice to say those words."

    "It's your book."

    ReplyDelete

Comments back, moderated. Preference given for those who stay on topic.

Popular posts