Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Personhood Of Interest


As I write this, I don't yet know the outcome of the vote in Mississippi. It won't change the essential point.

Previously, I've written about what no one can deny: god is the most prolific abortionist of all time. The percentage of concepti that fail to implant, or which are shed so early after implantation that they aren't likely even noticed, is estimated to be at least a quarter of them; and, for the aforementioned reasons, it's probably much higher. (For purposes of this post, let's ignore the number of babies born dead, or who die immediately after birth because of some unsurvivable defect. The lord taketh, and taketh.) Human-directed abortions pale, numerically, in comparison.

In the context of the Mississippi attempt to define life as beginning at conception, conferring "personhood" on any fertilized egg, reflect on this: the proposal treats a fertilized egg with more deference than god, who brushes them away like crumbs on his shirt.

Interesting, huh?


1 comment:

  1. The anti-zygote-vote carried the day, Sid..
    Mississippi is actually pretty progressive for a backward third world country, I mean State...
    and I remember when I first started jerkin my gurkin, thinkin of how many billions of potential zygotes ended up at the bottom of our trash can...
    No, we didn't have an abortion mill, but I couldn't just leave those washcloths lyin around...
    and how do you know about my shirts...
    Frank

    ReplyDelete

Comments back, moderated. Preference given for those who stay on topic.

Popular posts