Monday, November 21, 2011

When Their Lips Move...




I guess if Barack Obama doesn't want to have his words deliberately twisted by Republicans and RWS™, he'll just need to stay silent. Meanwhile, the response to his "lazy" comment has been the perfect demonstration of the two things that constitute the sum of Republican, teabaggR, and RWS™ substance: lying, and hypocrisy.

He called Americans lazy, they claim. He didn't.

WE call Americans lazy, they should have said -- because they do, daily -- but they didn't.

About the time I was planning to write about it, I read this. So rather than wasting your time and mine, I recommend following the link. It couldn't be more clear.

I'm a peaceful guy, practically an empath. I like democracy; used to, anyway, till these prevaricators showed up and Americans starting swallowing their excrescences. These people on the right have passed well beyond infuriating in their willingness openly to lie and shamelessly to hypocricize. Their contempt for the electorate knows no bounds; their commitment to thoughtful governance is non-existent. If lies were dollars, they'd have balanced the budget, long since. Based wholly upon and fueled by lies and hypocrisy, their agenda is destructive to everything we once were. If proof were needed, this latest miniseries of misinformation has been the perfect emblem.

Because of the mendacious ministrations of the right (and the eager gullibility of their followers), we've become thoroughly unable to address our problems meaningfully; we are way beyond screwed.

Other than that, I feel fine. Thanks for asking.

4 comments:

  1. Hi, I have recently rediscovered Surgeons blog, and I can't seem to get enough!

    You have an incredible talent for writing and the rare ability to encapsulate an audience within the first sentence.

    I would love to see you come back every now and then to Surgeons blog.

    P.S You should come to Australia, would love to meet you in person. I'm very interested in attempting to study medicine myself and cannot explain how valuable your words have been to me in trying to decide upon my career.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah C'mon Sid, don't let that Seasonal Affective Disorder put a
    :( on your cranky Surgeon Pus...
    Do what I do when Mother Nature gives you lemons...
    Throw em right back at that Bee-****.
    Nah seriously, I just plop down in my Ergoline-Ultra-600-Turbo-Tanning bed, turn the power up to "11" and get ready for a Melatonin Head Rush..
    Hey, thats all we can do in Georgia, we don't got none of yer fancy smantzy Medical Marriage-Juan-a.
    Just the old fashioned, "Bought from a Mexican at the Qwik-Trip" kind..
    And I don't know what that Joe Biden was smokin, you don't ever see Indians at Qwik Trips in Jaw Jaw, unless there the kind that speak Mexican...
    And I know your Seahawks are just a few weeks from elimination, the Mariners will withdraw from the 2012 race before Herb Cain, and at least you don't have an NBA team to not watch...
    HAHAHA Seattle lost there team to OKLAHOMA CITY!!!!!!
    which might even have fewer Black Peoples than Seattle, even with the former SuperSonics...
    So Damn the Melanoma, Full UV ahead!!!
    of course you might just be depressed cause your demented, but hey, if you understood that sentence, your not.
    Demented I mean, and if you break your hip on Black Friday better change that attitude at the ER...
    unless you like suicide precautions..

    Its like when my old man complains about his PSA test, and I'm like "Dude, your lucky to still have a PSA at your age"...

    Frank

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love getting comments like that, Jesser11. I do still sort of tend Surgeonsblog, in that I answer new questions and comments when I get them there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Psst Sid..
    I know the Corriollis affect would short circuit your pacemaker,
    but DON'T take Jesser11 up on his offer.
    I've been to Australia, Foster's Sucks, the toilets flush the same, and when I saw the Southern Cross for the first time, it was underwhelming...

    Frank.

    ReplyDelete

Comments back, moderated. Preference given for those who stay on topic.

Popular posts