"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it." Orwell
"“The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men.”
Plato
"The secret of freedom lies in educating people, whereas the secret of tyranny is in keeping them ignorant" Robespierre
Monday, October 14, 2013
Simple Question
I've had several conversations, and have been reading comments online, from people who either say the shutdown is all Obama's and the Ds fault; or that each side is equally to blame; or that they just find it too hard to figure out who's behind it.
Well, here's the single question the answer to which ought to clarify: who is it that's trying to get a vote on reopening the government with a clean CR, and who is it that refuses to bring it to vote, or filibusters the resolution?
Makes it pretty clear, doesn't it?
[Image source]
Popular posts
-
I have nothing to say about the murder of Dr Tiller that hasn't been said and responded to at all levels of rhetoric, on both sides. To ...
-
Looking forward to Bobby Knight's speech at the RNC. And at the ads Ds will (one would hope) run at that time, showing him throwing ...
-
My next newspaper column: Last week I wrote that Rudy Giuliani invested $2 million in the maker of Trump’s touted malaria drug. Thoug...
-
“I alone can fix it,” he announced, to delirious cheers, after which he proceeded to prove he couldn’t: budget deficits, healthcare, Mex...
