"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it." Orwell
"“The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men.”
Plato
"The secret of freedom lies in educating people, whereas the secret of tyranny is in keeping them ignorant" Robespierre
Tuesday, May 23, 2017
Political Courage. And Eloquence
These words are unassailable. And, quite aside from the specifics, they're, just for for their eloquence, passion, clarity, bravery, and truth, a much-needed reminder of how regrettably the country has settled for the opposite in D.C. It's sickening.
I'd never heard Mitch Landrieu speak before. Now I know what I've missed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular posts
-
I have nothing to say about the murder of Dr Tiller that hasn't been said and responded to at all levels of rhetoric, on both sides. To ...
-
My next newspaper column: Last week I wrote that Rudy Giuliani invested $2 million in the maker of Trump’s touted malaria drug. Thoug...
-
“I alone can fix it,” he announced, to delirious cheers, after which he proceeded to prove he couldn’t: budget deficits, healthcare, Mex...
-
It's not as if there isn't substrate. Daily, many times over, in every medium, there are noteworthy items which range from amusing t...
-
Since Michelle's Queen thing got shot down , some right wing crazies, led by Michelle Malkin (who, sadly got her start around here. Geez...
This should be required listening in schools across the nation. It's such an important issue in many parts of America. The new county high school in West Virginia that replaced my alma mater let its students select a mascot in the late 1980's, and they chose "Rebels" complete with a confederate flag. This is in a state that seceded from Virginia because Virginia seceded from the USA! This insensitivity to the feelings of "the other" still rules in many enclaves of middle America, and threatens to last in perpetuity.
ReplyDeleteAWESOME! Thanks for putting this front and foremost as an example of a truly great American Leader. This guy is presidential! Thanks Sid. Mel
ReplyDelete