Thursday, May 26, 2011

Beating Around The Bush


This morning I wrote: it was Republican ideas, Republican policies that got us where we are. As is the case with even my most partisan rants, I'm not just pulling ideas out of my... head. There are data.

I've been saying it, economists have been saying it, only RWS™ and a few lonely commenters here have steadfastly denied it: our current fiscal problems are mostly on George Bush. Not that there was any doubt (except, of course, among people who "think" like teabaggers):

The Center on Budget and Policy Priorities has updated and refined a widely cited chart, laying out the origins of the country's current fiscal trajectory. And as before, the lion's share of the problem comes from ongoing George W. Bush-era policies -- particularly deficit-financed tax cuts, which eliminated Clinton-era surpluses and left the Treasury poised for a huge hit when the financial crisis and economic downturn further eroded federal revenues.

1 comment:

  1. Jeez Sid, you've got fewer fans than the SuperSonics...
    seriously, you lost a team to OKLAHOMA CITY???
    OK, Atlantas about to lose the ummm whatever the Hockey teams called, its Hockey, not a real sport like bowling or Nascar...
    Repubiclan Policies & Ideas?
    you mean like the Bush, I mean "Obama Tax Cuts" that I'm pretty sure your still paying, cause your old, I mean stingy, I mean thrifty, I mean Wise...
    Or did you mean the War(s) in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Libya with some 1,500 Americans killed since the President(Peace be upon Him) assumed the Oval Orifice, and who knows how many A-rabs?
    Seriously, who knows? who cares? A-rabs don't count.
    Of course the President(Peace be upon Him) did close Git-Mo, I mean, end the Military Commissions, I mean try KSM in Civillian Court, I mean...
    OK, there's that whole Don't-Ask-Don't-Smell Thang, now the Poofs can die in Iraq/Afghanistan/ just like normal peoples...
    Too bad they can't donate blood...
    Seriously, whats up with that
    "Have you had sex with a Man(Even Once!) since December 31, 1977? question??? How does the HIV-virus know??
    and don't you hate when people say HIV-Virus?? its like ATM-Machine, or VIN-number...

    Frank

    ReplyDelete

Comments back, moderated. Preference given for those who stay on topic.

Popular posts