Thursday, May 5, 2011

Conspiracy



Let the dark matter flow freely, the conspiracies congeal like the blood of a dead terrorist:

Obama Says He Won’t Release Photos of Bin Laden’s Corpse

WASHINGTON — President Obama has decided not to release photographs of Osama bin Laden’s body, CBS News reported on Wednesday. Mr. Obama said he concluded that images of Bin Laden, bloodied by gunshots, would do nothing to persuade skeptics, but could inflame tensions in the Muslim world and pose problems for America’s national security...

... According to a transcript read aloud at a White House press briefing, Mr. Obama said that there was no doubt Bin Laden was dead and that “we don’t trot this stuff out as trophies — that’s not who we are.”


I say, good for him; although this guy I know, and his friends who send him stuff, will see proof of something dank.

Meanwhile, as a service to the aforementioned, I've come up with a way they could acknowledge the actual killing of bin Laden, while holding dear their belief that our president is a terrorist. I haven't seen or heard it anywhere yet, so maybe you heard it here first:

Like Don Corleone during the baptism of his grandchild, this was a hit, one mobster to another. A message: I'm not taking orders anymore -- I'm giving them. Fuck with me and you die.*

Trust me: it'll be out there soon enough. Sean, Glenn, Rush, Ann, Sarah... in a fever of self-pleasure, one of them will already have thought of it, will be seeking ways to drop it into the punchbowl of right-wing delusion.

But then they'll have to explain away the refusal to show pictures. Don't worry, though: they'll come up with something...




_______________________

*I wrote this post before MoDo wrote this. Or, at least, before I read it.


1 comment:

  1. Here's the source for that cartoon. If you're not aware of XKCD it's quite funny. I seem to recall seeing it here before though...

    ReplyDelete

Comments back, moderated. Preference given for those who stay on topic.

Popular posts