"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it." Orwell
"“The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men.”
Plato
"The secret of freedom lies in educating people, whereas the secret of tyranny is in keeping them ignorant" Robespierre
Friday, August 2, 2013
People? Who Cares?
As my upcoming weekly newspaper column will say, Republicans' all-out efforts to sabotage Obamacare are, among other things, cynical, dishonest, cruel, unpatriotic, unhelpful, and borderline treasonous. (If that last is a little harsh, what would you call the deliberate attempt to undermine settled law of the land, while demonstrably harming US citizens in the process?)
The most frustrating thing about a newspaper column is the inability to provide links; not, at least when it's in the inks. Had I the ability to do so, this article would be linked to the word "lie."
[Image source]
Popular posts
-
I have nothing to say about the murder of Dr Tiller that hasn't been said and responded to at all levels of rhetoric, on both sides. To ...
-
Looking forward to Bobby Knight's speech at the RNC. And at the ads Ds will (one would hope) run at that time, showing him throwing ...
-
My next newspaper column: Last week I wrote that Rudy Giuliani invested $2 million in the maker of Trump’s touted malaria drug. Thoug...
-
“I alone can fix it,” he announced, to delirious cheers, after which he proceeded to prove he couldn’t: budget deficits, healthcare, Mex...
