"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it." Orwell
"“The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men.”
Plato
"The secret of freedom lies in educating people, whereas the secret of tyranny is in keeping them ignorant" Robespierre
Thursday, August 29, 2013
Truth Is Hard
So Donald Rumsfeld says Obama hasn't made the case for attacking Syria. Guess attacks are easier to justify when you lie.
Which is not, I emphasize, to say I think we should start something with Syria. We lose no matter what we do. But it's another example of the shamelessness and lack of insight about themselves that characterizes today's Republicans.
Donald Fricking Rumsfeld. Perfect.
[Image source]
Popular posts
-
I have nothing to say about the murder of Dr Tiller that hasn't been said and responded to at all levels of rhetoric, on both sides. To ...
-
Looking forward to Bobby Knight's speech at the RNC. And at the ads Ds will (one would hope) run at that time, showing him throwing ...
-
My next newspaper column: Last week I wrote that Rudy Giuliani invested $2 million in the maker of Trump’s touted malaria drug. Thoug...
-
“I alone can fix it,” he announced, to delirious cheers, after which he proceeded to prove he couldn’t: budget deficits, healthcare, Mex...
