Wednesday, June 15, 2011

They Were Right


Turns out Michele Bachmann and Glenn Beck were right about Obama's reëducation camps!

Well, almost right. Right concept; wrong guy.

This summer, you can have your kids teabagged! In Florida!! (Seems the perfect followup to this morning's post, nein?)

... The organization, which falls under the tea party umbrella, hopes to introduce kids ages 8 to 12 to principles that include "America is good," "I believe in God," and "I work hard for what I have and I will share it with who I want to. Government cannot force me to be charitable."

[...]

"We want to impart to our children what our nation is about, and what they may or may not be told," Lukens said.

He said he was not familiar with public school curriculum, but, "I do know they have a lot of political correctness. We are a faithful people, and when you talk about natural law, you have to talk about God. When you take that out of the discussion, you miss the whole thing."

[...]

One example at Liberty: Children will win hard, wrapped candies to use as currency for a store, symbolizing the gold standard. On the second day, the "banker" will issue paper money instead. Over time, students will realize their paper money buys less and less, while the candies retain their value.

"Some of the kids will fall for it," Lukens said. "Others kids will wise up."

Another example: Starting in an austere room where they are made to sit quietly, symbolizing Europe, the children will pass through an obstacle course to arrive at a brightly decorated party room (the New World).

Red-white-and-blue confetti will be thrown. But afterward the kids will have to clean up the confetti, learning that with freedom comes responsibility...


Mmmmmm...... Candy....

2 comments:

  1. Candy!!!

    Guy's got to be a Conpervative, Hein?

    So his god loving, little Jugend band of future Aryan supermen won't be hearing much about His words in Matthew.

    At Judgment day he says:

    Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.

    For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in.

    Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

    Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we you an hungered, and fed you? or thirsty, and gave you drink?

    Then Jesus says:

    …Inasmuch as you have done it to one of the least of these my brothers, you have done it to me.

    And He adds:

    …Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

    Whoa! There’s some hard candy to suck on! Hein?

    EugeneInSanDiego

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cursed, of course, being those blissed-out "Evangelical Talibans" who love Jesus, but won't give a homeless person a dollar.

    EugeneInSanDiego

    ReplyDelete

Comments back, moderated. Preference given for those who stay on topic.

Popular posts