Friday, January 13, 2012

Rs Love Tax Cheats

The above chart is based on data from 2006, so the numbers are certainly different now. No doubt, the "tax gap" (the difference between tax money owed, and tax money collected; ie, the amount people don't pay that they should, by under-reporting, cheating, or just not doing it) undoubtedly is no longer bigger than the deficit. Still, it's real money.

So, guess what -- and be sure you're sitting down for this. (Well, actually, I think we already knew; but still...) The current crop of Congressional Rs voted down legislation to make it easier for the government to collect the funds already owed. Not to raise taxes. To collect the taxes owed.

Not too long ago, there were signs that policymakers of both parties recognized this. The Bush Administration pushed successfully for new withholding requirements on government contractors on the heels of troubling Government Accountability Office investigations showing widespread tax abuse. Then, in the 2010 health reform law, the Obama Administration teamed up with congressional Democrats to tighten reporting requirements on certain business transactions. These were two modest but real steps forward.

The current Congress, however, repealed both measures.


What possible justification can there be?

Just add this to the stinking pile of teabagger outrages. Without fear of reprisal from their fully-indoctrinated supporters, Rs continue to spit in the faces of everyone but the most wealthy among us. It's simply beyond understanding: not just that they're so blatant about it, so proudly willing to see to it that there's no money left (except, of course, for a bloated military) for even the most basic of needs to secure our future; but that their "base" (in both meanings of the term) -- the ones who aren't millionaires, who need public schooling and decent roads and health care and who'd benefit from research, from cutting energy costs -- are completely willing to let it happen.

So complete is their brainwashing by the RWS™ and Fox "news," so overwhelming is their ginned-up hatred of Barack Obama, based on lies swallowed whole, that they've been made blind and deaf to the reality of what's happening. I've said it a million times, and, as the election approaches, I'll be saying it more, unless rendered mute by what I see. It's another planet, another universe, another reality, based on no reality. Simply astonishing.


2 comments:

  1. OK, maybe I SHOULD stop deducting my Lottery Ticket Purchases as "Educational Expenses"...
    but you'll get my Braves Season Tickets from my cold dead fingers..
    Actually after last years collapse I can't give em away.
    Seriously, I tried to see if Pedro the Pool guy would take em instead of Cash, and even threatening to send him a 1099 didn't phaze his stoic Mexican Mien.
    Seriously, those guys never laugh, except when I try to go all John Huntsman and show off my Spanish chops...
    And I know its beyond your ever-shrinking Memory Span but...................
    and speaking of Butts, how bout that Michelle O-bama?...
    anyway, the DemoKKKrats controlled the House, Senate, and Oval Orifice from Jan 2009-2011, thats some 730 days or 2,000 dead Soldiers in Iraq/Afghanistan ago..
    SO WHY DIDN'T THEY DO SOMETHING ABOUT THESE "UNPAID" TAXES?!?!?!?
    or cancel the Obama, I mean Bush, actually I mean Obama(Peas be upon Him) Tax cuts, which would have expired 1-1-2011...
    and its a mute point anyway, cause these estimates of unpaid taxes are as unreliable as the estimates of my penis size...

    Frank "Big-un" Drackman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to double-dip..
    and thats an "AA" expression, don't ask me how I know.
    and go ahead, make fun of my disability, I make fun of your Pre-dementia,
    Anyway, you know what gets my Goat?
    I mean more than Peoples on Welfare(We call em "POW"s) parking there Mercedes in the Handicapped lane and paying for there lottery tickets with pennies. I think I forgot something..
    Oh yeah, while blaring there Rap Music with no regard for people with HFHL...
    You aren't allowed to deduct actual "Educational Expenses" like my "ER" DVD box set, I mean, my Daughters Private School Tuition, which I probably could have bought your House with...
    And the Ironic thang is, I thought they WERE Tax deductible, cause the brochure mentioned somethang about "Tax deduction" but turned out that only referred to actual contributions to the School bla bla bla.
    And anyway, I figured it'd only be one year, after the school uniforms, Hebrew class, every-night homework, they'd be BEGGING to be thrown back into the Pubic School Morass...
    Nope, only reason Daughter #2 is spending last 2 years in the local Pubic Sewer is she's buckin for a Softball scholarship, and the scouts don't really cover the Jewish Schools...
    I'm like "Haven't you heard of Nancy Lieberman!!!!"
    Which was stupid, cause he hadn't, and she went to Pubic School anyway, before coming out of the closet as a Lesbian and Born again Christian...
    Frank

    ReplyDelete

Comments back, moderated. Preference given for those who stay on topic.

Popular posts