Friday, December 21, 2012

Fair Warning



I'm nothing if not inconsistent, and the amazing volume of comment spam is starting to get to me again. It's not that hard to delete, I'll admit, but it's really annoying. And, given the few comments I get, and the fact that the number seems approximately independent of whether there's word verification or not, I'm seriously considering reinstating it. I'll not (presumably) eliminate comments again; but, even acknowledging the near unreadability of some of the word images up with which Blogger seems to come, I'm getting close to making it happen.

Meanwhile, if I haven't already mentioned it, Blogger has the worst spam filter since Hawaii adopted it as the state comestible.

[Image source]


3 comments:

  1. Wordpress (Askimet is the spam software) does a great job. I get thousands of spam comments and only a few ever show up in my email box. Not a fan of Blogger anyway; you might consider moving this, maybe...? Not sure of your readership, but this might be the time before you get all famous and shit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you see the drudge headline today?

    Obama is again heading to Hawaii Gasp!!! God forbid he step foot in his home state!!!

    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2012/12/21/with-no-deal-obama-heads-to-hawaii/

    For some perspective

    http://theweek.com/bullpen/column/235844/deconstructing-the-5-most-ridiculous-myths-about-barack-obama

    JW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waiting for the famous part. Have the shit already.

    ReplyDelete

Comments back, moderated. Preference given for those who stay on topic.

Popular posts