Thursday, February 16, 2012

Comment Quirks


The way it's supposed to work is that I'm sent an email whenever someone leaves a comment hereon, giving me the choice to publish, delete, or mark it as spam. For some damn reason, it happens occasionally that I don't receive the notification, and the comment will languish on an "awaiting moderation page," looking at which I've not made into any sort of habit. When I do remember to check, as just happened, sometimes I find a few, which I then publish, belatedly.

It bugs me to think that valued commenters might have been thinking I blocked their messages. Today I discovered one from DD, who's always much appreciated. And, yes, sometimes Frank ends up over there, too. (In that case, I figure Blogger is thinking, "Really, Sid, you know you don't have to do this.")

Anyhow, I thought I'd mention it, not that I imagine anyone lies awake wondering. Since it's really rare that I actually delete comments (a couple of times, for reasons Frank would likely attribute to Alzheimer's, but which usually has to do with the sensitivity of my touchpad, I have accidentally clicked the delete button, in which case I've reprinted the comment and published it under my name, with acknowledgment), I want people like DD to know that if a comment fails to appear in timely time, it's only because of the quirks of Blogger, and my unpredictable visits to the page of lost soul mates. Eventually it'll show up, likely long after you've forgotten about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments back, moderated. Preference given for those who stay on topic.

Popular posts