Saturday, February 25, 2012

Tipping His Hand



Once again, The Daily Show gets it exactly right.

As I've said, if the real agenda and beliefs of the current Republican party were out there, unvarnished, people would reject it in overwhelming numbers. If it were the case -- which, sadly, it most certainly isn't -- that the press would do its job and if moderators of so-called debates would ask real questions and press for real answers, we'd have, in the general election, a real airing of opposing ideas and a clear choice between them.

It'll never happen.


3 comments:

  1. So prey tell, what IS(or is(be?)it "are"?)the real Agenda and Beliefs of the Repubickkklan party?
    In one non-run-on sentence, and please, could you avoid the Subjunctive Case, not all of us have your Big Surgeons Brain(BSB).
    And who's really the more Open Minded of us? I voted for an Afro-American in the 2004 DemoKKKrat President primary, while I'd bet my stolen Littman Cardiology2(low miles never raced) that you didn't until 2008...
    and your write in for Jackie Robinson in 1948 doesn't count...

    Frank

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could be hard to do in "one non-run-on sentence," Frank. There's a lot to cover. Either allow me more than one, or define "non-run-on." Because it'll have several words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, right, like you used to let some Intern go on for more than a sentence during rounds...
    and sorry about that Jackie Robinson line, it wasn't fair.
    To Jackie Robinson that is, a RepubicKKKlan to the end...
    and My Grandfather used to say "It'll Never Happen" when we'd bring up far out ideas about the future, you know, 3-D TV, Flying Cars, Black President, or the most craziest, FEAMLE Surgeons,
    C'mon admit it, you freaked out the first time you saw one,
    cause I know I did, and I'm not anywhere as old, I mean decrepit, I mean EXPERIENCED as you be,
    I mean is, I mean are...


    Frank

    ReplyDelete

Comments back, moderated. Preference given for those who stay on topic.

Popular posts