Sunday, December 5, 2010

May Day, May Day


I'm ready. Looking forward to it, really. At last, we'll know.

This web site serves as an introduction and portal to four faithful ministries which are teaching that WE CAN KNOW from the Bible alone that the date of the rapture of believers will take place on May 21, 2011 and that God will destroy this world on October 21, 2011. Please take your time and browse through the teachings of Harold Camping, President of Family Radio. Visit EBible Fellowship, Bible Ministries International, and The-Latter-Rain to read and listen to many faithful teachers give scriptural insight on the doctrines that God is teaching His people. Learn about the Biblical Timeline of History, the correct method of Bible interpretation, the End of the Church Age and God's command to believers that they must depart out of the churches. Study the proofs that God has so graciously given in His Word showing us that these dates are 100% accurate and beyond dispute.


I'll tell you what I'll say on May 21, if they're right. I'll say I'm glad to know the truth and I'll admit how wrong I was. I'll make plans to run around collecting clothes and cars and 3D TVs and enjoy them until October 21, at which time I'll expect to head south into a cauldron of boiling oil. I won't apologize or seek mercy for having been unable to believe. It is what it is; was what it was. Nothing I could say would change it. I'll take what's coming to me.

I only have one question: what will these biblical literalists say on May 22? If it's a day like any other day, might we expect an end to this creationism argument; an end to demands for teaching the bible in science class? Might we get back to dealing with climate change based on facts instead of bible quotations? Can we expect teabagger theocrats finally to get busy solving our problems instead of figuring it's unnecessary because god will take care of it or make it May-moot?

Of course not. These people will, like the lady who lives in my Garmin, recalculate. And other believers will simply laugh at the foolishness of those who bought that crackpot, while not entertaining the fact that the only difference between what they believe and what those believe is... what they believe and what those believe.

A wise person wrote, "When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, then you'll also understand why I dismiss yours." Like most subtle thinkers, he was pissing into the wind.


1 comment:

Comments back, moderated. Preference given for those who stay on topic.

Popular posts